Sunday 22 March 2009

Tourist's view on Hamburg in 4 days

I've been to Hamburg quite often because I know several people there, but I always missed the chance to do the usual tourist stuff there. So this time, we booked a hotel, bought a tourist guide, and made a tourist trip to Hamburg. It was really great. We had really good weather and spend most of the time outside.
First day we took the train to Blankenese and walked back to Hamburg. Okay, from Övelgönne on we took the ferry boad back to Landungsbrücken.
Second day we visited the Miniaturwunderland (that's a must for everyone who likes model railways), walked through the new Hafencity and the Speicherstadt, climbed the stairs of the "Michel" and had a boat trip in the harbour.
I can really recommend Hamburg, it's worth spending some days there. The northern people of germany are very different and I like their style ;)
Finnally some pictures... enjoy...